Monday, September 1, 2008

Getting Ready to Go

Hello All!

I am currently finishing up my packing for Ireland! I am getting super excited for the trip, but I don't think that it has really hit me that I'm going. I think it will once I hear all of the accents in the Shannon Airport and get into a Taxi that drives on the wrong side of the road.

I'm headed out this Wednesday, September 3. My flight to Newark is at 12:41, and then my flight to Shannon is at 7:35. It'll be great, seeing as I'm going to be landing in Shannon at 7am Irish time, which is equivalent to 2am EST (they're 5 hours ahead). I hope I can sleep on the plane, because I have to go straight from the airport to Orientation, which starts at 9.

I'll be staying in an 8-person house in Plassey Village. It's strange to think that University of Limerick's on-campus housing is set up like neighborhoods all around the campus. I think that I'm definitely going to enjoy it, though, since I have my own room! Yay for that!

So, as I finish preparing for the trip of a lifetime, know that you are all in my thoughts. I can't wait to be in Ireland, but I will miss everyone back here in the States!

Abigail

No comments: